[Kamailio-Devel] Kamailio for commerical use

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 3 09:16:53 CET 2009

3 feb 2009 kl. 07.14 skrev Kavita Rai:

> Hi,
> Thanks a lot for getting back. That means if we integrate Kamailio
> with our product, we would not have to publish our application's
> source code and would not have to license our application under GPL.
>
> As long as we publish the changes that we have made in Kamailio, if
> any, and provide the source code of Kamailio along with the
> binaries, we do not violate the GPL.
Just remember that that part of the source will be licensed by GPL.

> Kindly please do verify the above understanding.

The question here is how your product integrates with Kamailio. If you
write your own modules that link to Kamailio through the binary API,
then they will be licensed by GPL. If you use the MI or just SIP, they
propably won't.

I realized that we have other interfaces, the SEAS interface. Maybe
it's time for the developer team to clarify their view of the license
situation with MI and SEAS.

/O