[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] New module : PURPLE - IM/Presence multi-protocol gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:39:55 CET 2009

Hello,

first let me join the welcome group and thank for your contribution.

Now as I we got this in trunk, probably we should remove the old jabber
module -- is anyone using the jabber module? I haven't touch that code
for long time, not sure it still works.

The purple module should offer same functionality, with a better
underlaying library.

On 01/29/2009 03:37 PM, Eric PTAK wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Let me introduce to you a new module, available in trunk since
> yesterday, so it will be included in 1.5.0 release :
>
> From http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/purple.html:
>
> /Purple module is a multi-protocol instant-messaging gateway module
> which use libpurple, the library on bottom of Pidgin (ex-gaim)./
> /This plugin was wrote in order to proof the concept of gateway
> between SIP and MSN/Live networks./
> /[...]/
> /It's no really adapted to a production environment with a huge user
> count but can be used in order to demonstrate the concept or to use it
> in SOHO environment./
>
> I hope you'll enjoy purple module, and I'll welcome all feedbacks.
>
> Eric.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com