[Kamailio-Devel] Kamailio for commerical use

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 2 12:21:06 CET 2009

On Monday 02 February 2009, Kavita Rai wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. As per my understanding, the GPL license does not
> permit the use of software under it for commercial use. Is there any
> commercial license for Kamailio? If yes, can you please let me know its
> terms and conditions. If not, how can I use Kamailio for my commercial use?

Hi Kavita,

you can use kamailio to provide services for your customers in a commercial
setting. For example when you're an ISP to provide telephony services on your
infrastructure. But when you distribute (sell) binaries of kamailio, e.g. in
some hardware boxes, then you must also provide the source code to generate
that binaries.

More informations can be found at: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

There is no single entity that can sell you a commercial licence for kamailio.