[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2740437 ] PUBLISH authentication is wrong

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 16 18:49:32 CEST 2009

> The problem I see - and which I tried to fix in the patch is another:
> When calling www|proxy_authorize() without specifying the realm, the
> realm is derived automatically - for REGISTER the To-domain, for other
> requests the From-domain will be used. Thus, I thought that for PUBLISH
> the domain of the RURI should be used as realm.

No Klaus, I've already explained that this asumption is incorrect. Let
me explain it again:

Imagine an external presence user agent with AoR "pua at global_domain.org".

This PUA sends PUBLISH to the proxy in order to set the state of
different users (based on external conditions, for example).

Imagine this PUA want to publish a state for AoR
"alice at my_domain.net", so it generates a PUBLISH like:

PUBLISH sip:alice at my_domain.net SIP/2.0
From: sip:pua at global_domain.org
To: alice at my_domain.net

The proxy requires authentication, so the realm MUST be
"global_domain.org" since it's PUA itself who must authenticate.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>