[Kamailio-Devel] sip-outbound?

Fri Apr 10 10:17:55 CEST 2009

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Simply Seven schrieb:

> On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:07 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>
>> Kamailio 1.5 supports keep-alive with CRLF on all protocols.
>> "outbound" (refering to the IETF outbound draft) keep alive for TCP
>> with PING-PONG (CRLFCRLF-CRLF) is supported too. outbound UDP
>> keep-alive with STUN on the SIP port is not supported in Kamailio 1.5.
>>
>> But next Kamailio release will be based on the sip-router project core
>> which outbound udp keepalive with STUN on SIP port too.
>
> It will be deprecated immediately because of the use of rfc3489 instead

What will be deprecated?

> of rfc5389. The guys at the IETF told me the final sip-outbound will
> change only the rfc# for STUN and everything else remains the same. What

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-16 does not address
STUN but addresses SIP - STUN is just a used tool.

> I find out is that the only SIP Server/Proxy software that supports this

supports what?

> I would have to pay for heavy licensing fees and since my UAC will be
> open source this is a sad state of affairs. There is also a patch from
> the sip-router project for kamailio for sip-outbound but as I said it is
> deprecated.
>
> Surely UAC's aren't relying on TCP to keep the signaling path across the
> board? What about UAC's on satellite uplinks where the latency breaks
> TCP? I like kamailio because it can scale, but otherwise it lacks core
> features that aren't scriptable like this. :(

TCP timeouts are configurable with socket options - so just increase it.

UDP should work too - but to avoid lots of retransmissions you should
adjust the SIP timer T1 to the estimated RTT.

regards
klaus