[Kamailio-Devel] tcp connection reuse for notify requests?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Sep 30 21:23:19 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > no, the code should not be invite specific. Is kamailio trying to open a
 > new connection?

daniel,

kamailio does open a new connection.

 > You can run with higher debug level to see how it looks
 > for the tcp connection to use. Is presence server in same instance with
 > location server?

this has nothing to do with location server.  i can publish my presence
without registering and anyone (also non-local users) can subscribe to
it.

at present, there is no 'received' field in active_watchers table. so i
cannot understand how kamailio presence server could send notify using
the same connection that subscribe is using unless i rewrite contact
header before calling handle_subscribe that would cause notify to be
sent using wrong r-uri.

-- juha