[Kamailio-Devel] RFC: Dialog: Feature-Extensions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:10:28 CEST 2008

On 09/17/08 13:22, Carsten Bock wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.09.2008, 09:22 +0200 schrieb Klaus Darilion:
>
>> Carsten Bock schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have some extensions for the dialog module (currently for the
>>> 1.3-release, but i could also port it easily to SVN-Trunk):
>>> - in case "tight matching" fails (when using the Record-Route-Parameter
>>> for in-dialog requests), try to find the dialog based on the
>>> SIP-Elements in the message
>>>
>> I think this is very useful
>>

>>> - i've moved the loading of dialogs to the first child (rather than
>>> during the initialization of the module),
>>>
>> sounds useful. What about new dialogs created during the loading of the
>> old dialogs? Does it still work?
>>

> Good point! I think i'll investigate a little more here.
> The main-reason, why i changed this, was because i needed this for the
> third point....

if the dialog are kept in a hash table, I don't think will conflict with
creation of a new dialog, maybe with the update of states of existing in
db dialogs that were not loaded yet.

In usrloc, the mechanism is insert if does not exist, update otherwise.

> Kind regards,
> Carsten
>

>>> - i'll execute the create_dlg-callbacks when loading from database at
>>> startup. We do billing based on the dialog module, so we need the
>>> callbacks, when a dialog terminates... (and the callbacks should also be
>>> executed, if the proxy was restarted in the meanwhile ;-)
>>>
>> I think this is very useful. I am working on a dialog-info module where
>> this feature is needed to have correct dialog-info also after reboots.
>>
>> regards
>> klaus
>>

>>> In case there are no objections to these changes, i will port them to
>>> SVN-Trunk and commit them to the SVN-tree.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Carsten

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com