[Kamailio-Devel] RFC: Dialog: Feature-Extensions

Wed Sep 17 09:54:33 CEST 2008

Jerome Martin schrieb:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Could you tell more about the dialog-info module you are preparing ?
> Given the name of it, I get a feeling it might be related to some of the
> features I need myself (see my previous emails), and would not want to
> see implemented twice :-)

some phones support to SUBSCRIBE dialog-info (SNOM, LINKSYS) but not all
phones support incoming subscription to this event (Linksys, simple SIP
clients). If you are working with a PBX (e.g. Asterisk) then usually the
PBX generates the NOTIFYs with the dialog-info.

The video was to have this feature also in plain openser setups (no
PBX). Thus, the presence module is extended to handle "Event: dialog"
and another module registers the dilaog module callbacks to get the
dialog-info from the dialog module and generates PUBLISH with the proper
dialog-info.

It works, but I want to cleanup the code before commiting (cleanup log
messages, ...)

> Is is related to this ?
> http://www.nabble.com/store-data-in-dialog-module-(struct-dlg_cell)-td19265201.html#a19265201

yes