[Kamailio-Devel] RFC: big int support in core and db modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Sep 16 18:46:55 CEST 2008

Hi all,

i just commited an initial support for reading and writing BIGINT values (8
byte integer) to the core and the three SQL based DB modules. The other
database access modules don't have support for this at the moment, as i don't
use them at all. I don't want to move our some core tables to this type,
support for this is merely useful to be able to query bigger custom tables.

I want to ask if there is any interest also enabling this for the other DB
modules? Perhaps this don't make much sense, or is not possible because of
library constraints?

If this is also wanted for the other databases, help with testing and also
implementation would be appreciated. If there is no huge interest, an
alternative would be to just map this to normal integers as fallback. Another
issue that needs to be discussed how we handle this with avp_db_query|load(),
as normal AVPs are only 32 bit.

Any coments, also to the implementation, are appreciated.