[Kamailio-Devel] OpenSer 1.3.0 crash

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Sep 15 13:17:44 CEST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008, Robin Vleij wrote:
> Posted this to the user list, but I'm not sure if that's the right
> forum. Hoped to get some feedback on a crash I had a week ago, now
> I'm trying it here.
>
> We've been running OpenSER (1.3.0 ntls, compiled for x66_64) for quite a
> while now and only had a crash once. We suspected then that this was
> caused by hitting the max_while_loops for a while (never happened again
> after fixing the max-while-loops). Now I had a crash and the backtrace
> looks like the following. Do you guys have any pointers on what is
> causing this? We got another crash, on the same server last Saturday.
> I'll attach the backtrace for that one at the bottom.

Hi Robin,

thanks for the report. I remember some bug (#1908805) talks also about
possible problems with running into the max_while_loop, perhaps this is worth
investigating. Can you provide a little bit more details about the while loop
problem?

> First backtrace:
>
> #0  free_hostent (dst=0x6e3fe0) at proxy.c:203
> 203                     for (r=0; dst->h_addr_list[r];r++) {

Can you inspect the value of the 'dst' parameter with gdb, to see what is
invalid in there? And then take a look to the previous t_relay statements,
where and why it was introduced?

> Last crash:
> #0  free_lump_list (l=0x636d20) at data_lump.c:412
> #1  0x000000000048ed02 in free_sip_msg (msg=0x6df7b8) at
> parser/msg_parser.c:661

And for this crash, the value of the 'l' lump list? Daniel, perhaps this is
related to the header cloning issues that you investigate at the moment? Just
an idea..