[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Patches-2101659 ] database support for bigint type

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 10 15:15:09 CEST 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=2101659&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
>Category: core
>Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
The database system doesn't support the bigint type. When fetching a bigint, the database query fails with a conversion error. Currently, OpenSER only supports 32 bit integers.

Date: 2008-09-10 13:15

Message:
Ok, understand. I've attached a patch against trunk that implements bigint
support for the core and the mysql, postgres and unixodbc drivers. What
database do you use?

Would be great if you could test, and report the result. I tested that it
don't break anything obvious, but did not tested the BIGINT case that
much.

Henning
File Added: bigint-core-sql.patch

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-09-10 09:31

Message:
I'm using a custom module/table which uses bigint's to store PSTN numbers.
All numbers are guaranteed to have no prefixed zero(es). Regular int's have
insufficient decimal places to store PSTN numbers.

I need to perform queries on this table to check if a number is within a
registered range (begin <= number <= end), which is really fast when done
using indexed integer columns. The table contains a large number of ranges,
so queries must be fast.

Comment By: Henning Westerholt (henningw)
Date: 2008-09-09 15:35

Message:
Hi,

this is correct, at the moment BIGINTs are mapped to a normal integers.
I need to investigate, should be probably not that hard to add support for
this. Can i ask for an usecase for this? Do you simple query some other
databases that uses this type, or extended the provided tables?