[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-2101659 ] database support for bigint type

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 10 11:31:08 CEST 2008

Feature Requests item #2101659, was opened at 2008-09-09 08:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743023&aid=2101659&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The database system doesn't support the bigint type. When fetching a bigint, the database query fails with a conversion error. Currently, OpenSER only supports 32 bit integers.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-09-10 09:31

Message:
I'm using a custom module/table which uses bigint's to store PSTN numbers.
All numbers are guaranteed to have no prefixed zero(es). Regular int's have
insufficient decimal places to store PSTN numbers.

I need to perform queries on this table to check if a number is within a
registered range (begin <= number <= end), which is really fast when done
using indexed integer columns. The table contains a large number of ranges,
so queries must be fast.

Comment By: Henning Westerholt (henningw)
Date: 2008-09-09 15:35

Message:
Hi,

this is correct, at the moment BIGINTs are mapped to a normal integers.
I need to investigate, should be probably not that hard to add support for
this. Can i ask for an usecase for this? Do you simple query some other
databases that uses this type, or extended the provided tables?