[Kamailio-Devel] Radius attributes and dictionary

Samuel Muller samuel at 720.fr
Tue Oct 28 18:23:43 CET 2008

here is the case :

sip phone <-> ipbx <-> openser <-> radius <-> db

the sip phone is registering to the ipbx,
the ipbx is registering to the openser, with radius auth.
the radius has all the accounts (ipbx + sip phones) by its db.
I think it's usefull to manage all the users/calls in the backbone, for
billing, acl, ...
but I'm really open if you have better ideas :)

when the sipphone calls the urgency code "15", openser receives sip:15 at realm
"
so I use the avp_load_radius to get the AVP $urg (for example).
the radius checks its db :
. $fu -> insee code=$insee (insee codes relates the geo number of urgencies)
. $ruri -> urg code=$urg
so it translates the code in the good geo number (15 = 0123456789)
then openser just rewrite the ruri like sip:$urg at realm.

so the objective is to have a radius request from the openser sending these
variables :
$fu + $ruri (=$urg)
then the radius know how to get all the stuff, and reply the geo number in
the avp.

It permits too to have a certain kind of mobility, due to the fact that the
users can use their sip accounts anywhere else (on an iPhone for example).

.Sam.