[Kamailio-Devel] Radius attributes and dictionary

Samuel Muller sml at 720.fr
Tue Oct 28 16:52:33 CET 2008

youps ... too happy, too fast.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Samuel Muller writes:
>
>  > I just wanna know if you have the value for the SIP-URI-Host attribute ?
>  > It's used by the acc module (with radius acc enabled) and uri_radius.
>
> there is no official value for it.  just pick any unused one, for
> example:
>
> ATTRIBUTE       SIP-URI-Host            209     string

Ok ! excellent, it works fine, many thanks :)

it appears that i've a more completed radius dictionary (in comparison with
the one given in the sources), but all is fine.
(if anyone is interested for, i let the dictionary in reply here)

>  > But my next step is to not use any db by SER. So I need to get the
> caller
>  > radius attributes to get an extra AVP declared especially with the
>  > translation (Radiator requests to a db) of the related geo number.
>  > then i rewrite the r-uri with it (maybe there's other ways to do this by
>  > Radius ?).
>
> as you suggest, you can return caller's goe info as a radius reply
> attribute when you authenticate the caller.
>
> -- juha

mmmh, I think it's better to create a var like $urg that could be send in a
radius request (caller attributes), and then the radius make the translation
in a SIP-AVP.
if actually i'm using that way (v1.4x) i've to add one SIP-AVP per urgency
number ... so 6 SIP-AVP in my case, for each client - not really beautiful.

but thanks, I see that radius is getting well used in the next step of dev.

congrats all,

--
Samuel MULLER
Ingénieur Reseaux & Telecom