[Kamailio-Devel] Build failures with seas and mi_xmlrpc modules on OpenBSD 4.3

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 20:58:20 CEST 2008

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Thursday 16 October 2008, Jason Creighton wrote:
>> [Sorry if the devel list isn't the right place for this; Please steer me
>> in the right direction if it is not.]
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> you could also open a bug report on our tracker for this issues, but now lets
> discuss this on the list.

For future reference, which one is the preferred method?

<snip>

>> But apparently sys/types.h isn't being included like they say it will, I
>> can get it to compile if I force inclusion of <sys/types.h> (eg, with
>> "DEFS+=-include sys/types.h" in that module's Makefule), but I have no
>> idea what the right solution would be.
>
> Strange, perhaps the comment in the file is obselet. I don't think that adding
> a '#include <sys/types.h>' to this file will break something. But perhaps we
> can add this with an #ifdef? Do you know what type of #define is usually
> checked against an openbsd compiler/ system?

There is an __OpenBSD__ define, eg,

#ifdef __OpenBSD__
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif

If the above style is acceptable, let me know and I can submit a patch
to fix the affected files. (encode_allow.c is just the first to fail; I
believe the all the encode_*.c include <netinet/in.h> without <sys/types.h>)

Jason Creighton