[Kamailio-Devel] lcr module prefix_mode=1

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Sun Oct 12 17:02:14 CEST 2008

Hi Juha,

> Jesus Rodriguez writes:
>
>> Just curious, which are the features not covered by drouting module?.
>
> i don't want to start any war here or force anybody to use or not to
> use
> any module whatsoever.

Neither do i. As a happy user of drouting module from few years ago, i
just wanted to know which features are you using in lcr and are
missing in drouting... maybe i'm missing interesting things :)

> this is what i personally have problems with drouting module:
>
> it does not have to_gws function, from_gws executes in linear time,
> looks like gw's uri scheme, port, and transport protocol are
> missing, it
> does not set selected gw's tag into avp, it does not have concept
> gateway groups, but each prefix is associated with a list of gws
> (which
> makes provisioning more complicated to me), ...

Can you give me an use example of to_gw() function?. I don't fully
understand when to use it.

You are right about not knowing the selected gateway. Also, the
concept of gateway groups is missing and this is really a great
thing... maintaining list of gateways for every prefix is sometimes
difficult.

Thanks.

Saludos
JesusR.