[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Feature Requests-2159383 ] 'reply' function involving 'sl_reply' and 't_reply'

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Oct 11 16:41:17 CEST 2008

El Sábado, 11 de Octubre de 2008, Juha Heinanen escribió:
> i switch this discussion to devel list, because sf is too time consuming
> to use.
>
>  > Well, the fact is that "t_reply" can be used just when the transaction
>  > has been already created, this is, after calling "t_newtrans()", in
>  > "on_failure_route"
>
> this is not true.  if i proxy has forward a request using t_relay and,
> for example, it runs out of gateways, i need to use t_reply to terminate
> the transaction.  thus there is no need to call t_newtrans() before
> calling t_reply.

Juha, I already cited that possibility in my last comment in the tracker wish:

  "Well, the fact is that "t_reply" can be used just when the transaction has
   been already created, this is, after calling "t_newtrans()", in
   "on_failure_route" (so "t_reply" was called before and created the
   transaction)"

Yes: there are two ways of creating a transaction (speaking just when Kamailio
acts as a proxy):
- Using t_newtrans()
- Using t_reply()

But it doesn't matter now, I mean that using "t_reply" or "sl_reply" is not an
user choice, it's is 100% forced on if the transaction already exists or not,
so the user/admin **cannot** choose:
  "now I reply with sl_reply... now with t_reply..."
Using one of the other depends completely on if the transaction exists before
replying to it.

So, for the user that configures Kamailio, having two functions "t_reply"
and "sl_reply" doesn't offer any added value, it just forces him to be very
careful of which one to use. So, why not a easier function "reply()"?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo