[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Patches-2144131 ] Kamailio and OpenXCAP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 6 13:19:01 CEST 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=2144131&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I tried to configure Kamailio to use OpenXCAP for presence authorization. I configured OpenXCAP as an external server. I observed several bugs....

1) In module presence_xml:

file xcap_auth.c function http_get_rules_doc

Kamailio requests: http://xcap.example.org/presence-rules/users ... but according to RFC5025 chapter 9.1 this should be pres-rules and exactly this is OpenXCCAP supporting

The following while loop is an endless loop, because there is no function to walk through the list.

2) In module xcap_client

file xcap_functions.c function get_xcap_etag

According to cURL library, this function should return the total number of bytes (size*nmemb), but this function does not so. That is the reason for a CURL_WRITE_ERROR.

Also the string comparing to Etag, does not work together with OpenXCAP, because the header is named ETag. maybe the comparison should not be case sensitive.

Unfortunately more work is necessary that Kamailio and OpenXCAP work together.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-10-06 11:19

Message:
Added note to presence_xml module documentation that non-integrated xcap
server mode is not currently supported.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-10-06 09:17

Message:
Yes I know, that the server works fine with the integarted_xcap_server, but
I tried to realize presence federation. So one centralized XCAP server and
several presence servers. At least I think it would be good to mention on
the documentation page that disabling the internal XCAP server does not
work!

greets happenhofer

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-10-04 07:23

Message:
the reason why i have not seen the problems you report is that i have been
using presence_xml module in integrated_xcap_server mode.  looks like
non-integrated mode code is not fully developed and tested.  so, if you
can, turn on integrated_xcap_server mode.

-- juha

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2008-10-03 11:53

Message:
how come i don't have any problems with kamailio 1.4 and openxcacp 1.0.0?

-- juha