[Kamailio-Devel] SIP reply

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Thu Nov 27 15:27:51 CET 2008

Hi All,

Following this thread from the start and having myself given it some
thinking since I saw the openSIPS additionnal send_rteply module to
acheive the same think, I would like to share my own conclusions :

- In order to stay backward compatible, no new function names should be
used, both for the scripting language and the C functions used by
modules
- I suggest, in order to asses full compatibility and avoid unexpected
results, to use a fallback approach for both tm and sl, but to control
this with module parameters, set to NO fallback in order to keep the
default behavior. This parameter should impact both C exported function
behavior and script exported functions.

Result: By default, everything remains the same. In order to have
fallback both ways (from TM -> SL and SL ->TM), just make sure both
modules are loaded and set the module parameter to 1 for both. And
voila, automagically all modules and script using either SL or TM
benefit from the fallback.

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 15:20 +0100, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla schrieb:

> >> t_reply and fallback to sl_send_reply).
> >>
> > This means all the time to bind to two modules, duplicate some code, etc..
> >
> >> In this particular case (if I understand correctly the bug report), the
> >> fix belongs in the pua module (which IMHO should always use tm
> >> anyway).
> >>
> > registrar has same issue with save(...)
> >
> > I do not see what confusion would be by t_reply(...) falling back to
> > stateless mode. Eventually a different reply code can be used to signal
>
> So, you suggest adding the feature to tm module and then changing pua to
> use t_reply?
>
> klaus
>

> > this case, a flags parameter to be used to enforce/relax conditions. I
> > am not a fan of functions with similar name and just few differences. It
> > is hard to document and IMO creates more confusion.
> >
> > So, yes, there are alternatives, workarounds, we try to find here the
> > best one for the moment.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel

Jérôme Martin | LongPhone