[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2229966 ] avpops: PKG memory leak while performing db operations

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 12 12:33:09 CET 2008

Bugs item #2229966, was opened at 2008-11-06 15:19
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=2229966&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: ver 1.3.x

Initial Comment:
Problem described and analyzed here:
http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/users/2008-September/019726.html

Date: 2008-11-12 11:33

Message:
Hi Ovidiu,

i was able to reproduce a out of PKG_MEM condition related to the avpops
module. I've added a test (41.sh) for this, it fails after about 200 load/
store cycles. I did not know the exact reason atm, perhaps this is related
to some memory fragementation, as the memory debug did not show that much.
Memory dump log attached.

Henning
File Added: mem-log-avpops.gz

Comment By: Ovidiu Sas (osas)
Date: 2008-11-11 15:31

Message:
Hello Henning,

All the details are in the mailing list thread.
In my config, I wasn't using the registrar and usrloc modules, so
definitely the mem leak that I observed did not came from those two
modules.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

Comment By: Henning Westerholt (henningw)
Date: 2008-11-11 13:16

Message:
Hi Ovidiu,

are you sure this is related to the avpops module? I took a look in the
memory log, and i noticed a lot of memory related to the database
operations there. And the config in the original report don't use avp DB
operations. Do you use db_load, or _query?

Perhaps this is related to some memory leaks i recently fixed in the
registrar and usrloc? I thought that its only related to db_mode DB_ONLY,
but perhaps its also affects other modes.