[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2206394 ] Pike module is not working!

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 11 16:02:00 CET 2008

Bugs item #2206394, was opened at 2008-10-29 04:24
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=2206394&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.4.x

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I’ve configured Kamailio(OpenSER) with Pike module but it’s not working as expected (doesn’t block IP according to the configured time).

Here is a simple configuration by considering the following:
modparam("pike", "sampling_time_unit", 60) #1 minute
modparam("pike", "reqs_density_per_unit", 200) #200 requests
modparam("pike", "remove_latency", 7200) #Block IP for 2 hours

if (!pike_check_req())
    xlog("L_NOTICE","ARIF: TOO MANY HITS FROM $si\n");
    exit;
}
If the number of SIP messages from a single IP address to my SIP Proxy exceeds 200 per minute. Action: Block IP for 2 hours.

I’m not sure whether I’m doing wrong or is there any problem with Pike module?

Please have a look.

Thanks in advance!
ARIF

Date: 2008-11-11 15:01

Message:
Hi Arif,

i did some test with the pike module. I think it works, when the limit is
reached, the request is blocked. I used the same logic as you (althought
you ommit one bracket in your example):

if (!pike_check_req()) {
  xlog("dropped");
  exit;
}

It also remove the IP from the blocking list when the timout is reached.
Can you share a little bit more details what exactly is not working as you
expected?

Thanks,