[Kamailio-Devel] new http_query function

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Nov 11 13:03:09 CET 2008

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > Are the params sent as GET or POST?

sorry about delay.  my internet connection is real slow at present.
GET is used and params parameter can be of form
name=value&name=value&...
for example r_uri=$ru&...

 > What about making it more generic? Send a request, get a result. Then in
 >   script you can decide if the result will be used e.g. as RURI or RPID
 > or ...

i thought about that at first, but then it turned out that append_branch
does not accept a pv as argument.  so if you want to append theresulting
uri as a new branch in fauilure route, you cannot do it.

 > What about renaming cfgutils to utils and adding it there?

sounds good.

 > Is libcurl reentrant? It will be also loaded (initialized ...) by
 > xcap_client.

yes, if used correctly, it is reentrant.  while writing http_query, i
notived that xcap_client is NOT using it correctly and is likely to
cause a crash at some point.

-- juha