[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] the sip router project

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 4 16:24:15 CET 2008

Hi Olle,

Thank you for your thoughts. On a first view, it looks interesting, but I'm missing some points here (important points):

1) as OpenSER was forked from SER because different views (and the OpenSER view proved to be a very popular and successful one), I wonder
why, Kamilio is getting back to SER? not sharing any more the OpenSER view as claimed? because such merging will definitely have a great
impact on the dynamical  and openness of the projects (like releases, contributions, driving the project)

2) this major change of perspective (at least for kamilio) was a backstage decision, kept secret from the community - shouldn't be in the
interest of the community to say if going back to the roots (merging into SER) is something wanted or not? it somehow contradicts the self
existence of OpenSER, right?

3) the benefits you mentions are mainly optimization of the internal project activities and not optimizations of the outcome - what the
project will deliver. And I guess this is the most important. We already went though the experience of  large devel community, frameworks, etc but with no outcome for more than 2 years...