[OpenSER-Devel] New mediaproxy module

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri May 30 18:28:18 CEST 2008

I will come back the next days with some more details about mediaproxy
2.0, for them moment I will only highlight some of the most important
changes:

- New design based on linux kernel connection tracking which is much more
scalable and can fill up a network interface using very little resources.
- New interface based on the dialog module that allows one to trigger the
use of mediaproxy on the first INVITE, after which all messages that
belong to the session and have an SDP body will be automatically modified
without a need to call any function anymore in the script. When the
dialog ends the media session is also closed automatically without the
need to call end_media_session()
- Encrypted communication between the dispatcher and the relays.
- T.38 fax support.
- Handle SDP with a mix of supported and unsupported streams.
- Be able to change the IP/port of caller/caller after a re-INVITE or
UPDATE request in mid-dialog.
- No longer use a single port for relaying a stream, which makes detecting
the caller/callee deterministic.
- Graceful shutdown capability for the media relay
- Removed support for asymmetric clients
- Improved and made accounting modular
- Discontinued support for DNS based specification of the relay addresses
- Discontinued support for per domain specification of the relays. One can
still chose to use a certain relay, using $avp(s:media_relay)

In addition I fixed all bugs and shortcomings of the old design that were
reported or I was aware of. If something is still not fixed or not
working properly please report back.

Some more details about the new mediaproxy, as well as the source code for
the new version, can be found here:

http://mediaproxy-ng.org/

--
Dan