[OpenSER-Devel] unixodbc module / SQL_WLONGVARCHAR / Debian Sarge

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 16 17:22:20 CEST 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008, Carsten Bock wrote:
> The current 1.3 Release of OpenSER does not properly compile on Debian
> Sarge...
> Revision 4058 of modules/unixodbc/res.c adds the following types to the
> handled types of a db-result (res.c, line 127):
>
> 	case SQL_LONGVARCHAR:
> 	case SQL_WLONGVARCHAR:
>
> My header files (debian sarge) do not include the type
> "SQL_WLONGVARCHAR". With debian etch everything's fine...
>
> Is there any way we can make this backward compatible? Although debian
> sarge is slowly getting removed from the field, it would be nice if it
> was backward compatible...

Hi Carsten,

hm, withouth the type definition for this long chars (equivalent to DB_TEXT) a
prober detection is not possible. Before the commit this database uses for
the TEXT type just DB_STRING. This caused problems for some modules that uses
this columns, e.g. cpl-c. You could try to find the correct type definitions
that are available on your sarge system, or just revert the commit
altogether.

> Btw. the comment does not say anything about it:
> - db_postgres and db_unixodbc handles TEXT colums now as DB_BLOB type
> similar to the other database modules

This was backported from the trunk after a testing period.

> - activate warning in db_unixodbc for unhandled data types

This was not backported to the 1.3 branch.