[OpenSER-Devel] FUNCTION ser.bitand does not exist

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 13 12:41:33 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Iouri Kharon wrote:
>    Hi Dan!
>
> Tuesday, May 13, 2008, you wrote:
> >> 1. sql can't possibility to emulate C-like operators ('&')
> >> 2. 1/s is very very long period :) and so 5% is not matter
>
> DP> I disagree. When the db access is the most important bottleneck in
> DP> openser, making it even slower _does_ matter. A free running
> openser core DP> doing pure transaction processing can handle about
> 10000 requests per
>
> from this situation i tell in '3' :)
>
> DP> second. Doing simple selects in a MySQL database is limited to at
> most DP> 2000 queries per second and about twice or even 3 times less
> inserts per
>
> ...and oracle accept ~45K inserts per second. And i tell - _if_
> configuration is db-time-critical we can't use mysql/postgress. For
> this situation oracle module included in openser tree :)

I don't quite get the message here. Are you saying that it's OK to cripple
down the mysql and postgres backends and when we become unsatisfied with
them we should all buy oracle and move to it? I don't want to buy any
oracle database, no offense. Besides my experience with oracle was more
than frustrating. I'm perfectly happy with what the MySQL database can do
for openser. All I'm asking is not to make it slower than it is.

--
Dan