[OpenSER-Devel] FUNCTION ser.bitand does not exist

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 13 12:12:33 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Iouri Kharon wrote:
> > why is the emulation function defined in mysql and not in oracle?  i
>
> 1. sql can't possibility to emulate C-like operators ('&')
> 2. 1/s is very very long period :) and so 5% is not matter

I disagree. When the db access is the most important bottleneck in
openser, making it even slower _does_ matter. A free running openser core
doing pure transaction processing can handle about 10000 requests per
second. Doing simple selects in a MySQL database is limited to at most
2000 queries per second and about twice or even 3 times less inserts per
second. Considering that openser may have to make multiple selects for a
single call setup (even up to 10), that means 200 requests per second if
we consider selects for call setup alone, but if we also add up the
selects/inserts/updates done by the registrar module, the numbers no
longer looks appealing. 200 is far away from 10000.

> 3. At last if you work when db intensivelly the oracle is minimum at
> then times effectivelly :)

Sorry, but I couldn't make any sense of this proposition :P

--
Dan