[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1958839 ] nathelper does not detect RFC 3330 ranges

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 7 17:47:15 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1958839, was opened at 2008-05-06 18:55
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1958839&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: None

Initial Comment:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3330.txt

RFC 3330 defines a number of range which can not be found on the internet and if used are being nated.

nathelper does not detect those range like it does for RFC1918 ones.

Some of the ranges defined are marked as possible for allocation so I performed the whois request to check which one had been (and only one was found).

$ whois -h whois.radb.net 39.0.0.0
route:         39.0.0.0/8
descr:         Exchange Point Networks
               PO 12317
               Marina del Rey, CA. 90295
               US
origin:        AS4554
mnt-by:        MNT-EPNET
changed:       bmanning at karoshi.com 20020401
source:        ARIN

$ whois -h whois.radb.net 128.0.0.0
%  No entries found for the selected source(s).

$ whois -h whois.radb.net 191.255.0.0
%  No entries found for the selected source(s).

$ whois -h whois.radb.net 192.0.0.0
%  No entries found for the selected source(s).

$ whois -h whois.radb.net 223.255.255.0
%  No entries found for the selected source(s).

Those are not relevant :)

   224.0.0.0/4          Multicast                              [RFC3171]
   240.0.0.0/4          Reserved for Future Use        [RFC1700, page 4]