[OpenSER-Devel] New module and some restructuring

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed May 7 17:53:28 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

I suggest the following plan of action - as you said, time is critical
for 1.4 release, so we should move fast:

1) you upload the new module (nat_traversal) as it is - without the
combined common part of nathelper/mediaproxy

2) we do a logical merge between the signalling (SIP+SDP) related
functionalities from nathelper & mediaproxy - then we will have a list
of functions to be moved and from where.

3) we move the code into the new modules

4) in parallel, we update the nathelper (now rtpproxy) and mediaproxy
(new version) modules.

I based this proposal on the idea that this whole process should be:
    A) as transparent as possible - for such large changes, any opinion
is valuable
    B) as fast as possible - giving the chance to work in parallel once
we have all the code on SVN.

Any comments?

Regards,
Bogdan