[OpenSER-Devel] New module and some restructuring

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed May 7 11:02:12 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 06 May 2008 18:02:01 Dan Pascu escribió:

> 1. A new module called nat_traversal which implements a fully featured NAT
> keepalive functionality for SIP signaling. This keepalive functionality
> offers the following features:

Hi, it sounds great.

What about SIP TCP signalling? does the new module implement any way to
mantain the keepalive in a TCP connection using CRLF or anything?

AFAIK using CRLF for keeping a connection open is not a TCP standard and some
imlpementations doesn't support it, but I remember reading about this method
in the "outbound" draft (for SIP TCP and NAT issues).

Also, for now the only way is by setting a very small register interval. If at
least we could set a different register interval for TCP and UDP clients...
but it's not possible, so solving TCP NAT issues means incrementing SIP UDP
traffic when it wouldn't be neccesary.

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo