[OpenSER-Devel] Authorization:[ ]-Header...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:12:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 04/30/08 17:19, Carsten Bock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a short question.
> I see some user-agents in the field, which send the Authorization-Header
> in the following format:
>
> Authorization:Digest
> username="00494012345",realm="sip.domain.de",nonce="481875946aa956c4d2f643427a8efa81ffb31cec",uri="sip:00494012345 at sip.domain.de",algorithm="MD5",response="bc7fea3b079c6670a92d2322738b21aa".
>
> However, is_present_hf("Authorization") gives a negative-result (Header
> not found), and pv_www_authorize returns -4, which should be
> "credentials were not found in request".
> Is the whitespace between header-name and header-value required or
> optional? I was not able to find a clear answer to this in the RFC...
> Any hints? Where is it described in the RFC?

that's SIP, I could say, everything is very foggy. As I could understand
from the RFC, that format is valid, so it is kind of bug in openser. I
might be a bit too tired now to properly get it clear, someone can check
the RFC at section for a second (self) opinion :

7.3.1 Header Field Format

http://www.asipto.com