[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [3923] branches/1.3

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 11 16:10:24 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Thomas Gelf wrote:
> Will packaging/debian*/changelog be updated - or is this left
> to be done by Debian Maintainers? IMO correct versions here
> would make things easier for people building their own pkgs.
>
> You can find a sample diff is attached to this post (NO, I do
> not pretend to own copyright on these changes - and YES, feel
> free to replace my name with whatever is making sense ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas Gelf
>
> NB: I'm not used to build bsd / gentoo / whatever packages, so
>      I have no idea if they would require similar changes...

Hi Thomas,

updating the debian (and other packages) scripts is usally done from the
package maintainers, as sometimes more changes to them are necessary. As
there are quite a few different packaging scripts in the trunk, it needs some
time to gets all updated and tested.

Sure, it would be nice to have up to date scripts in the tar file.. But we're
as a project only release the source code, the packaging is done from other
parties. This was the reasons that i don't updated the debian changelog as
well.