[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Patches-1907645 ] dialog: dialog profiling

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 6 18:17:49 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1907645&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
Here is a patch for the dialog module that will allow dialog profiling.  This new enhancement to the dialog module will keep track of the number of dialogs/calls per 'profile'.

How is it working?
Two new dialog params are available:
 1. dlg_index_avp
 2. profiling_table_size
The "profiling_table_size" parameter will define the maximum numbers of profiles.  If a call needs to be accounted, the profile index shall be stored into the "dlg_index_avp" avp.  If the "dlg_index_avp" is not set (i.e. NULL), the call will not be profiled.

A new pseudo variable is available for holding the number of dialogs/calls per profile: "DLG_profile".
In order to get the number of dialogs/calls associated to a profile, the profile id must be passed as an index to the "DLG_profile" PV.  The index must follow into the [0,profiling_table_size range-1] range.

Config example:
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 4)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_index_avp", "$avp(i:600)")
modparam("dialog", "profiling_table_size", 10)
  /* print the number of calls for profile 2 */
  xlog("L_INFO","$(DLG_profile[2])\n");
  /* or */
  $var(profiling) = 2;
  xlog("L_INFO","$(DLG_profile[$var(profiling)])\n");
  if (profiling) {
    /* account the call into profile 2*/
    $avp(i:600) = "2";
    /* or */
    $avp(i:600) = 2;
    /* or */
    $var(profiling) = 2;
    $avp(i:600) = $var(profiling);
  }

This patch is presented as a proof of concept and it is provided against current stable version of openser 1.3.

I would like to collect more feedbacks before proceeding with a full implementation for 1.4.

Bogdan, will this work for you?  I know that you had something similar in your TODO list, so I would like to have your opinion about this patch and merge the efforts in order to get this asap in the gate.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas