[OpenSER-Devel] location issues

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Jun 27 14:49:19 CEST 2008

El Friday 27 June 2008 13:08:05 Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> On 06/27/08 12:41, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't need it personally. It is why I asked.
> >
> > It's completely valid in RFC 3261, but probably 100% useless in real
> > life.
>
> Having an AoR with just domain or having location records for domain only?
>
> Do you have direct references?

Yes true, there are different thing.

Well I just mean that RFC 3261 allows registration for AoR with no username:

  10.2 Constructing the REGISTER Request

      To: The To header field contains the address of record whose
           registration is to be created, queried, or modified.  The To
           header field and the Request-URI field typically differ, as
           the former contains a user name.  This address-of-record MUST
           be a SIP URI or SIPS URI.

The above allows "To" header with no username, but sincerely I expect it never
occurs so IMHO OpenSer could drop it.

About location records with no username it's also valid:

   The Contact header field values of the request typically consist of
   SIP or SIPS URIs that identify particular SIP endpoints (for example,
   "sip:carol at cube2214a.chicago.com"), but they MAY use any URI scheme.
   A SIP UA can choose to register telephone numbers (with the tel URL,
   RFC 2806 [9]) or email addresses (with a mailto URL, RFC 2368 [32])
   as Contacts for an address-of-record, for example.

In this point I can't understand if there is any problem when the Contact is
just a domain. It there? You said:

> However, when loading the records, usrloc
> module discards the records with empty username or use_domain=1 and
> empty domain.

Why records with no username are discarded? do you mean record with no
username in the "Contact" field? or records with no username in "username"
field?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo