[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Patches-1998043 ] Fetch Support for Dialog-Module

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jun 24 13:43:47 CEST 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008, Dan Pascu wrote:
> IMO, this is a bug fix, more than a new feature and it should be applied
> to 1.4 before released. We had similar problems in the past with loading
> usrloc contacts and was fixed in a similar manner.
>
> Not being able to load more than 300 dialogs at startup is a serious bug
> not a missing feature.
>
> At this point I'm so tempted to use the system malloc instead of
> pkg_malloc as I had so many issues with not enough memory or memory
> fragmentation in the past and even now.

Hello Dan,

this is a limitiation, but the patch is IMHO to extensive to be applied in the
current state of development.

I'm really curious to see a performance comparison between pkg_malloc and
system malloc for recent glibc implementations. I'm not sure how much work
they've invest after the merge of ptmalloc2 that went into 2.3.0, but the
only actual issues i'm aware of are some regressions [1] and some
multithreading problems [2], which probably not apply for us.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/116621
[2] http://ozlabs.org/~anton/linux/sysbench/