[OpenSER-Devel] [OT] DMTF question (rfc2833)

Lucio Maciel lucio at tesatelecom.com
Thu Jun 19 16:52:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is offtopic, but maybe someone could help me.

I have a problem with a costumer sending the DTMF via RTPEvent.

They are sending just one packet per event, with the END bit set and the
duration of the event, but some carriers are no recognizing this Event,
only if you keep sending rtp events with the duration and then send a
final event with the END bit set.

This is valid, to send just one event with duration and END bit???

No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol
Info
      3 0.026233    xxx.xx.xxx.xx         yyy.y.yyy.y           RTP
EVENT Payload type=RTP Event, DTMF Two 2 (end)

Frame 3 (62 bytes on wire, 62 bytes captured)
Internet Protocol, Src: xxx.xx.xxx.xx (xxx.xx.xxx.xx),
Dst: yyy.y.yyy.y (yyy.y.yyy.y)
User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: pxc-spvr (4006), Dst Port: 13018
(13018)
Real-Time Transport Protocol
    10.. .... = Version: RFC 1889 Version (2)
    ..0. .... = Padding: False
    ...0 .... = Extension: False
    .... 0000 = Contributing source identifiers count: 0
    0... .... = Marker: False
    Payload type: Unknown (101)
    Sequence number: 51289
    Timestamp: 1479952026
    Synchronization Source identifier: 0x43256a7a (1126525562)
RFC 2833 RTP Event
    Event ID: DTMF Two 2 (2)
    1... .... = End of Event: True
    .0.. .... = Reserved: False