[OpenSER-Devel] OpenSER in REFER Request

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Jun 11 10:53:44 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 10 June 2008 22:32:21 Thiago Maluf escribió:

> > OpenSer just must route the in-dialog request (the REFER) as a normal
> > in-dialog request, **no more**.
> > OpenSer could ask the user for authentication when sending the REFER.
>
> Ok. But my OpenSER work with statefull and it is Signalling Proxy and
> Media Proxy.
> Then when UA1 establish one call with UA2, there is my openser between
> both. And when UA1 put this call in Hold. And make other call to UA3, my
> openSER will be between both too.
> Therefore, when UA1 send one Refer request to transfer this call with
> UA3 to call with UA2, I think that my openSER need receive this
> request and transfer this call in your statefull, or not???
> Understand me???

It doesn't  matter AT ALL if you a a MediaProxy in the same host. Your OpenSer
(as ANY OpenSer) is transaction stateful, no dialog-stateful.
The only you need is to allow in-dialog messages properly, no more.

> >> Because my users don't it, and I think that this problem is in OpeSER!
> >
> > "What" don't your users?
>
> My problem is in make one transfer, when I try one Blind Transfer it
> work perfectly.
> But in just transfer don't work.

There could be 100 reasons for that:
- Bad phones.
- Configure the phones to send the "Refer-To" with the AoR instead of the
contact address.

Please, don't insist on the fact that OpenSer must do somehting special to
allow attended transfer. It's not true.

Do a SIP trace to verify what is happening.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es