[OpenSER-Devel] proposal: 1.4 not freezing tonight

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Jun 9 12:41:06 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> For this week, the plan will be:
> - developers that have functions they consider are useful to be
> available in local_route, will take care to do it for their code
> - new features for local_route that are considered highly useful will be
> added
> - I am going to analyze, propose for discussion and implement a send_route

I wouldn't have anything against an extra week extension if that would
help fix this dispute and provide a better solution that fills in the
missing things from the present version. We can accept an exception to
the schedule if it helps fix some important issue. But are you confident
that in one week you will be able to cover all the things you proposed
above? Because IMO they seem to need more time than that, especially the
last one which needs not just implementing, but also discussing,
analyzing and designing.

Also not trying to reignite any more dispute, but wouldn't adding a new
route type in the last week before the freeze be exactly the same kind
of disruptive action you criticized in the first place? Not that I
wouldn't love to see such feature in 1.4, but I have reservations that
it can be properly done in 1 week.

--
Dan