[OpenSER-Devel] conceptual problem: domain - realm

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Jun 6 16:50:24 CEST 2008

El Friday 06 June 2008 16:31:12 Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> In this case, the client shall send the message with two Authorization
> headers, openser is able to select the proper one based on realm.  Do
> you mean hear that openser cannot handle because you are using it to
> authenticate in behalf of the client, via uac module?

Now, in fact I already kwno that this is not RFC 3261 compliant since CSeq
must be increased by the proxy that shoudln't occur never.

> Or the messages
> are just passing through  openser?

Yeah. And you are completely rigth, sorry. I did a try some time ago and I
didn't get it working, and also I've know more people asking about it in the
maillist. But I've tryed it just now and it works OK, OpenSer just checks
the "Authorizatino" header with a own realm.

PD: Also, a proxy should recolect all the Authentication headers received in
different replies for a forked request and put them together into the final
response the proxy chooses and forwards to the UAC. Does OpenSer compliant
with this behaviour?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo