[OpenSER-Devel] usrloc permanent records and strptime

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jun 5 16:21:22 CEST 2008

Hi Juha,

It was not a hack. This change was introduced while adding the db_only
mode in usrloc. The problem was that db_only mode operates only against
DB (via queries) and it was very complicated to run queries to check
expires value and some certain flag value, mainly because:

   1. this is a limitation of SQL, especially it is not portable across
all SQL implementations (see the recent discussion about oracle not
supporting the binary or operator);
   2. also, raw queries are required (binary ops are not supported by DB
API) - using them will make impossible the usage of all DB backends
(like db_text) as it is something backend specific.

The idea was to replace the FL_PERMANENT flag with the 0 value for
expires - both mean the contact will never expire.

Regards,
Bogdan