[OpenSER-Devel] OpenSER usrloc timeouts

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Jun 4 10:30:39 CEST 2008

El Wednesday 04 June 2008 08:08:29 Jason Penton escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to try and implement a solution within OpenSER around timeouts
> for contacting devices.
>
> For example, currently if a device drops off the network without a SIP
> de-register, OpenSER still tries to forward INVITE requests to the device.

It's logical. OpenSer can't realize that a user has disconnected from the
network.

> if not, does anybody have any ideas. I was thinking of a keepalive timeout
> or some sort of SIP 'ping' before providing a URI from Usrloc?????

OpenSer can send a ping to registered users (natted or not natted, but just
UDP) but will not delete a user location if it doesn't reply to a
ping/OPTIONS. I already asked it some time ago and I think OpenSer shouldn't
do it:
Imagine a user lots internet connection during 30 seconds and OpenSer deletes
its location since the ping failed. But note the user is available after
those 30 seconds and he doesn't know that it must send a REGISTER to
re-create its location and receive calls.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es