[OpenSER-Devel] New mediaproxy note

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Jun 2 12:56:10 CEST 2008

Regarding my previous email, there was a small inaccuracy that slipped
in. I mentioned that if ip_tables is not loaded before media-relay
starts the kernel may freeze. That is actually not true. The kernel
freezing was related to another module loading which was fixed already
in the code, so no such issue should show up anymore. The issue with the
ip_tables module is that it's not autoloaded, so if you do not preload
it prior to starting the media-relay (like the debian startup script
does), media-relay will not start and give an error message that
ip_tables support is not available. I do not know why ip_tables is not
autoloaded, all the other iptables and conntrack related module are
autoloaded just fine, only this one (on which all the other depend) is
not, so you have to make sure its loaded.

Sorry for the confusion with the kernel freeze.

--
Dan