[OpenSER-Devel] A note about the new Mediaproxy application

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Jun 2 11:27:11 CEST 2008

Before starting the media relay component of MediaProxy, if iptables
support is compiled as a module into your kernel, please make sure that
the ip_tables kernel module is loaded. The included debian startup
script makes sure of this, however if you make your own startup script
for another distribution, or you manually start media-relay for testing,
then you should be aware of this. It seems there is an issue with
automatic loading of this module. I've seen a kernel completely freeze
when mediaproxy attempted to use the iptables related functionality and
the kernel should have attempted to autoload the module. Other required
modules, both iptables and conntrack related are autoloaded just fine,
but ip_tables is not.

I will consider a better approach for a future release.

--
Dan