[Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release date

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:28:04 CEST 2008

On 07/30/08 16:58, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>
>>> Most are reported against the dialog module, but
>>> we've also some problems in core and other areas.
>>>
>> i would prefer that bugs that are against core or "mandatory to use"
>> modules (at least tm) should be fixed before the new release.
>>

> Sure, i also want this.

I am  going to investigate the issues related to core (actually I am in
the middle with some) - memory and crash. There are couple already
assigned by some developers for themselves. I think they should be
released if there is no more interest in solving them by the assignee.
The most of them are related to modules which are probably not in use by
others. If the developer wants to fix them, others submit patches or
want to take over some modules where the usual maintainer (after asking
about its interest) is giving away the maintenance, then it is fine, we
must ask about timeline. Otherwise we can label the module
unmaintained/not-released.

When someone contributed a module, it was asked to maintain it for a
year, if after that year does not take care anymore and nobody else is
willing to step in, then it is no way to keep that module.

> Cheers,
>
> Henning

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com