[Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release date

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 30 14:37:07 CEST 2008

Hi all,

roughly one month ago the local_route odyssey was brought to an end. In the
past four weeks a bunch of bugs were fixed, but we've still about 30 open
issues against the trunk. Most are reported against the dialog module, but
we've also some problems in core and other areas.

I'm not sure how much interest is for a release at the moment, even if its
resonable given the actual bug count. But i don't like the uncertainly due a
lack of a clear path and release date. I also like to see the trunk unfreeze
again.

I'll be in Bucarest in a little less then two weeks, and after that i've also
some vacation. So from my point of view there is about one week available, in
wich i could help with release preparations.

So i'd like to propose the next thursday, (7th august) as release date for
1.4.0. If this is to abitous given the actual bug count, i'm more than happy
to delay the release, to meet your actual schedule for fixes and testing.