[Kamailio-Devel] is it possible to adapt dialog module for the case when openser generates replies itself?

Denis Bilenko denis at ag-projects.com
Wed Jul 30 10:20:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use dialog module for msrpfocus
(http://msrprelay.org/wiki/MSRPChatSoftwareDesign)
It doesn't work out of the box, but I'd like to know how hard would it
be to adapt for my case.

msrpfocus doesn't relay messages like a proxy would, but processes them
and generates replies.
For example, for INVITE request it contacts chatserver, which allocates
MSRP session, and then
creates a SDP answer which is then sent using t_reply_with_body.

Now if I add dialog module to my configuration, openser crashes, because
t_reply_with_body calls with _reply_light (tm/t_reply.c) which runs tm
callbacks
using FAKED_REPLY as a parameter, while tm callbacks in dialog module
expect
valid pointer to struct sip_msg.

I could probably fix _reply_light to generate sip_msg and pass it
instead, but I'm
not sure that a) it will work b) won't break anything else c) will be
enough.

Can anyone acquainted with tm and dialog modules comment?