[OpenSER-Devel] 1.4.0 release..

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat Jul 12 10:25:13 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>  > I'm really intrigued by this stance. If something has/had bugs, it
>  > means it is a bad idea?
>
> dan,
>
> my post was not intended to offense anyone.

No offense taken. I was just wondering how did you associate the fact that
something has bugs/issues with the fact that it's a bad idea. For me it
only means that the implementation is not yet stable/mature enough.

Concept and implementation are 2 different things. I cannot say the
concept is bad only because the implementation has bugs, as I can't say
the concept is good only because the implementation is impeccable.

In the end keeping dialog state is what every user agent does. Does that
mean by extension that a user agent is a bad idea?

> i just noticed a fact and
> was wondering why dialog module has had more problems than other
> modules.

It's a much more complex piece of software than other modules, with a much
more complex interaction with the environment.

--
Dan