[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1986657 ] usrloc permanent records and strptime problem

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 10 13:57:22 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1986657, was opened at 2008-06-06 17:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1986657&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The actual way of dealing with permanent records in the location DB is not optimal and should be reworked.

> The idea was to replace the FL_PERMANENT flag with > the 0 value for expires - both mean the contact
> will never expire.

expires is a time_t value. Zero is here defined as 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC. But this is not portable for different timezones (at least on mysql), as mysql don't support timezones in datetime columns.

For example on my system i need to specify 1970-01-01 01:00:00 to get the usrloc logic working. But daylight changes, or using different timezones will break this again. So i think i'll use just the usrloc expires default 2020-05-28 21:32:15 in my database.

Perhaps it makes sense to remove this usrloc permanent contact handling altogether, if its not working stable.

This was discussed in the thread at:
http://www.nabble.com/usrloc-permanent-records-and-strptime-td17668417.html