[OpenSER-Devel] Missing Via "received" parameter

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Tue Jul 1 13:40:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>> I'm using OpenSER-1.3.2-tls. I've seen in some cases that the REGISTER
>> response doesn't contain Via "received" parameter in the response (for
>> example, when sending REGISTER with all private IP addresses/without
>> STUN). Last time I check, putting Via "received" parameter is a MUST
>> requirement if the source IP of the request is different than the
>> sent-by.
>
> FYI: It is also a MUST if the Via header has the rport parameter (we have an
> open bug report for this)

I didn't know that. But all of this is moot. My router also modifies
the Via "received" parameter, so that when it receives response with
it's public IP in the "received" parameter, it will modify it and put
my private IP in it. Sigh.. The only way to stop the router from
messing about with SIP messages is to change the server to not use
port 5060.

 -benny