[OpenSER-Devel] 1.4.0 release..
ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Jul 1 10:49:27 CEST 2008
This is also true.
Can this work?
stage 1. Ready for testing release candidate (July 6)
stage 2. Testing and bug fixing X number of weeks or we wait to have
the major bugs fixed if any
stage 3. Official announcement for release
maintenance releases ...
What do you think?
On July 6-th we are done and we say is ready for testing
On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> We are all aware that from bug fixing and testing nothing relevant was
> done for preparing the release (95% of the commits were related to
> or spelling).
> So, I say the current trunk version is not a something to be
> ready for a release. If you force a data before fixing at lease the
> major know bugs, we will:
> 1) compromise the quality and reputation of the project
> 2) it will be useless - nobody will want to use a poor quality
> For any changes in the release policy (like candidate, alpha), I
> to do it before planing a release and not during the release itself -
> changing the rules of the game during the game may be highly confusing
> and with poor results.
> Henning Westerholt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> according to our initial schedule  we want to release 1.4.0 this
>> Because of the recent delays in the development i want to ask if
>> this date is
>> valid anymore.
>> I'm not sure how much testing of the actual development branch has
>> been done.
>> In some areas its perhaps sufficient, but for the server as a whole
>> not. In the past the stabilisation phase was two month, we aggreed
>> to change
>> this to one month because of the past experiences that no real
>> testing were
>> I think this is caused to some extend from our lack of user
>> involvement in
>> this state of development. Other projects has a more formal process
>> with some
>> alpha and beta versions before a stable version is released, for
>> Anyway, we should reach a descicion.
>> I can think of several options now:
>> 1) release 1.4.0 as soon as possible, fix all bugs as they get
>> reported in the
>> stable branch (similar to 1.3.0). Try to fix already open bugs on
>> the tracker
>> before the release. For this option i propose the 11th July as date.
>> 2) Review all existing issues reported on the tracker and fix them.
>> 1.4.0 when ready.
>> 3) release 1.4.0-alpha this friday, ask for testing on the user
>> list. Release
>> a beta/ stable according the bugs/ user experiences in a few weeks
>> from now.
>> What do you think?
>>  http://lists.openser.org/pipermail/devel/2008-June/013909.html
>> Devel mailing list
>> Devel at lists.openser.org
> Devel mailing list
> Devel at lists.openser.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel